Becoming A Vendor
Outdoor Flea Market And Farmers Market Vendors
We have outdoor vendor spaces available on open blacktop areas and in two large open-air pavilion buildings. Vendor spaces are available on a daily first-come, first- served basis, which you pay for by the day, or on a reserved basis, which you pay for in advance by the month. Space may not be reserved for less than a full month. Any vendor who does not pay in full for their spaces at time of collection will be asked to vacate the space and will jeopardize future space rental. Hartville MarketPlace does not cash checks or provide change. Customers must be treated with courtesy and fairness. Rudeness to customers will not be tolerated. Most vendors are required to have a state vendor’s license.
Outdoor Vending Rules & Regulations
- Hartville MarketPlace and Flea Market reserves the right to refuse admission to any seller and to inspect all merchandise. Any dealer found in possession of illegal goods will be removed from the market and the authorities will be contacted.
- Pornography is prohibited. All items sold or displayed must comply with HMP’s strict standards in order to maintain a wholesome family environment.
- Absolutely NO tobacco items or liquor sales.
- No games of chance, skill or raffles are allowed without approval of management.
- No soliciting or walking sales.
- No sales of concession-type or individual bottles and/or cans of beverages.
- All vendors must keep their displays out of the aisles.
- Vendor displays in the open-air pavilions must not be more than 5 feet high.
- Subleasing of a space is not permitted.
- Sellers agree to be responsible for any and all injuries or damages to persons or property arising from occupancy of space or seller’s activities.
- No merchandise, awnings, piping or tables can be left overnight.
- Vendors must not drive stakes, nails, etc. into the blacktop.
- Anyone causing a disturbance in this market will be escorted from the grounds.
- Use of obscene language or gestures will not be tolerated.
- Vendors must clean their spaces at the end of the day. Trash must be placed in the large black compactor and cardboard (except waxed cardboard) must be placed in the green compactor. Cardboard boxes must be broken down flat. Vendors are to dispose only a minimal amount of trash in HMP’s facilities. Vendors are not to use the trash barrels in the aisles – they are for shoppers ONLY! If a vendor leaves trash in a space, a minimum cleanup charge of $30 per space will be assessed to the vendor.
- No sales of dogs, cats, birds or any other live animals.
- All vendors, reserved or daily, intending to sell any type of firearms must register at the office before setting up.
- Prices for our spaces are firm during the PRIME season. We do adjust the prices during the OFF season to reflect the weather and market activity.
- Regular Blacktop – $14 per day
- Oversized Blacktop – $16 per day
- Blacktop Corner – $17 per day
- Oversized Blacktop Corner – $19 per day
- Regular Pavilion – $18 per day
- Prime Pavilion – $21 per day
- MarketPlace Tables (8′ x 30″) – $6 per day
- Pavilion Electric Use – $3 per day
- Overnight Electric Use – $20
- All Friday pavilion and blacktop spaces are discounted by 50 percent.
- Holiday pricing: There is a $5 premium charged over and above the regular price for all non-reserved pavilion and blacktop spaces on Saturdays and Mondays for our three holiday weekend specials: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
PAVILION SPACES: Pavilion Spaces are 10′ x 10′ concrete spaces under cover with an adjacent 10′ x 30′ blacktop area for a vendor’s vehicle or additional display area. There are no first come, first serve pavilion spaces. Vendors must check with a staff member in the morning for available pavilion spaces. During the prime pavilion season, which is May through September, all pavilion vendors are required to remain in their spaces and open for business until at least 3 p.m.
BLACKTOP SPACES: Blacktop spaces are 12′ across the customer aisle and 30′ deep. For daily first-come, first-serve blacktop spaces, vendors may leave a vehicle or trailer in the space overnight after 5PM the day before to reserve the space for the following day. Tables and/or merchandise cannot be left in a space as a means of reserving a space. Vendors can come in and take any blacktop space that is not marked “RESERVED” for that day. There will be letters underneath the word “RESERVED” indicating which days of the week the space is reserved for; just make sure there is no letter for the day of the week that you are here for. A staff member will come around and collect after vendors are set up.
Holiday Special Setup
We do not reserve space in our outdoor market on a daily basis. All spaces are reserved on a monthly basis according to the day you want to be here. If you want to set up for the holiday special, we recommend that you get a space for all 4 market days. You may pull in on Thursday morning between 7 and 8am. You will pick an OPEN AIR BLACKTOP space, make sure it is not marked RESERVED for any of the days you want to set up, set up for the day, and leave a locked vehicle in that space to hold it for the next market day. For Monday and Saturday set up we will add a $5.00 premium charge over and above the regular price for all non-reserved pavilion and blacktop spaces.
If you choose to come the day of the market to set up, we suggest vendors arrive each market day by 5:30am. We do not guarantee spaces to be available. You may not leave anything other than a vehicle in the space to hold it. Any other items will be picked up by the MarketPlace Staff and you may face a fine. At the end of each market day, all merchandise must be packed up and all trash must be removed. No trash is to be left by a vendor! Vendors who leave trash behind will be fined. We also recommend that you bring your own tables. The tables that we rent will be distributed first come, first serve while supplies last.