About Our Company
Rooted In History
In 1939 Sol Miller bought a two acre plot of land on the corner of Market Ave and Edison Street in Hartville, OH. With the support of the community, he constructed a 30’x80′ building out of lumber cut from his father’s farm. This building housed the arena and cattle pens for the livestock auction that opened on October 30, 1939. Drawing not only from Hartville, but the neighboring communities as well, the livestock auction began to grow. Sol added an egg auction and started renting spaces outside the sale barn for people to set up to sell their wares. This was the beginning of the Hartville Flea Market. Sol’s wife, Soloma, started a small lunch stand to feed the vendors and patrons that came to visit the weekly auction and flea market. After Sol’s death, his son Howard Miller bought the business from his brothers and sisters and continued to make it grow.